4/10/2011

Senior Spotlight: Katie Cole!

Katie Cole right after Tommy proposed!
Major: Business Management
Dream Job: College Professor (Preferably at JMU)

Past DG Involvement: I was a Greek Sing dancer for the past two years! I joined DG my Junior year, so I don't have any formal leadership, but I love participating in all the events Delta Gamma puts on like sisterhood events, socials, and community service.

Other organizations/activites:

I have been an RA in both freshman and upperclassmen dorms. It's been very challenging, but it has helped me grow in my patience and responsibility.

I have participated in SGA since my sophomore year, and this year I am the Contingency Liaison. I helped organizations apply for contingency money to put on bigger and better programs. This year I was in charge of over $56,000.

I am also a member of the College of Business's Student Advisory Council. We meet with the Dean of the CoB every other week and participate in major changes within the school. This year we were able to put in the new market inside Showker.

PAST
Favorite Class at JMU: CoB 487, the capstone for all business majors. I learn so much in this class. We are constantly discussing current events and how they impact industry and business. Hands down my favorite class!

Favorite DG memory: It would be a tie between Recruitment and Greek Sing. Everyone who knows me, knows I love to perform, smile, sing, and dance. This year DG dominated in Recruitment and Greek Sing, and I feel all warm inside knowing I have contributed to DG's success.

Favorite Senior Moment: WHEN TOMMY PROPOSED!!!!!! My favorite senior memory is when my fiance Tommy proposed. He popped the question on the top of Reddish Knob, and he agreed to hold off on telling the world until I was able to do a candle lighting ceremony with my sisters! I can't wait to get married to my soul mate!

FUTURE
This summer I start grad school at West Virginia University in their College of Business's Master of Science in Industrial Relations and Human Resources. I will also be planning my wedding. I would love to come back to JMU DG to help out! I will only be 3 hours away! I would also love to volunteer my services to WVU's chapter of DG. I will definitely be coming back to watch Greek Sing! You know that scene in Mean Girls where Regina's mom does the dance in the audience while filming the talent show? That will be me!

What I love the most about Delta Gamma is the ritual. I joined DG for the values they exhibit and the sisterhood they share. All the t-shirts were just bonuses! I will continue to live the ritual by embodying courage, strength, and peace in everything I do. ITB!
Katie and her recruitment group.
Katie (left) with senior Greek Sing dancers!
Katie, center, with her recruitment group on Philanthropy Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I know this is late, but I just received a WONDERFUL job offer and will be living in Philly upon graduation! Also, the blog looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete